Top consultation tips
Updated: Jul 10, 2020
A consultation is usually the first time you meet your Artist and where you will trial several different looks and ultimately decide on your final style for your Wedding Day ...
Top 10 tips to achieving the ultimate consultation ...
1. PHOTOS: Show your Artist photos of styles you like and photos of yourself with your usual hair + makeup. Try to send these prior to your consultation so your Artists can prep. This will save time on the day.
2. WHEN: Book your consultation in about 3 months before your Wedding Day
3. THE DRESS: Show your Artist an image of your dress or at least a description (particularly the neckline, fabric and shape)
4. CONSULT PREP: Arrive at your consultation with clean, natural face and hair (no straighteners!!!)
5. HOUR: Try having your consultation in the morning to see how your hair & makeup lasts through out the day
6. STYLES: Try to be as open minded as possible as your Artist might suggest something you hadn't thought of. Experiment with at least one hair up and one hair down (think weather backup)
7. OPINIONS: Bring a friend or relative with you if you can (someone you trust)
8. CONNECTION: Your Artist is going to be a big part of your morning and be very close to you in what could be a pretty stressful time. Make sure you are comfortable with your Artist.
9. WEDDING PREP: Make sure your Artist helps you with a pre-Wedding skin and hair care routine you can do on the lead up to your Wedding.
10. SCHEDULE: Get your Artist to follow up with a Wedding morning schedule so you can let your Bridal party know where to be at what time!